…during attempted robbery at RosignolA Rosignol, Berbice businesswoman is now traumatised after a gunman invaded her home on Thursday last and attempted to rape her.The 60-year-old woman was attacked around 20:00h in her home as she was awaiting the arrival of her daughter.Guyana Times understands that the woman was in the lower flat of her two-storey house when someone came up from behind and proceeded to choke her.The individual, apparently a male, reportedly whispered “you know how long I got my eye on you” before taking her into her shop, which is located on the said lower flat, and demanding cash.The frightened woman took $150,000 from her shop’s cash drawer and handed it over to the gunman.She was then taken to the upper flat of her home where over half a million dollars’ worth of jewellery was taken.The suspect then pulled down his pants and underwear and attempted to rape the woman. However, her daughter returned home and called out to her which prompted the man to hastily pull up his pants.While he was in the process of doing so, a towel which was tied to his face fell and the woman recognised him as a villager.The gunman, however, made good his escape. The matter was reported and the Police were currently searching for the suspect.
“There has been strong interest from other clubs, but it has always been my ambition to play for Pep Guardiola,” Danilo told his new club’s official website.“As soon as I heard of his interest, I knew immediately I wanted to be a City player,” he added.His departure from the European champions had been confirmed by Real boss Zinedine Zidane on Saturday on the eve of his team’s meeting with Manchester United in California.According to the BBC he moves to Manchester on a £26.5 million (29.5 million euros) deal.Guardiola had made full-backs his top transfer priority in the close season having released Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna.Danilo links up with City’s new recruit Kyle Walker, the Tottenham defender who signed a five-year contract for a fee that could rise with add-ons to £54 million (61m euros) this month.Danilo, who joined European champions Real in 2015 from Porto, started just 17 Spanish league games last season with Dani Carvajal often preferred in the right-back role.The Spanish international started ahead of Danilo in the Champions League final in Cardiff as Real Madrid beat Juventus 4-1 to lift their 12th European Cup.Real are due to face City in Los Angeles next week.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Real Madrid right back Danilo has completed a move to manchester CityLONDON, United Kingdom, Jul 23- Real Madrid right-back Danilo completed his move to Manchester City on Sunday, the Brazilian joining Pep Guardiola’s Premier League giants on a five-year contract.The 26-year-old will now link up with City on their pre-season tour of the United States after agreeing personal terms and passing his medical.
In his book, Greenspan accused Bush of racking up big budget deficits, saying the president and Congress’ former Republican leaders abandoned the party’s conservative principles favoring small government. Bush took office in 2001, the last time the government produced a budget surplus. Every year after that, the government has been in the red. In 2004, the deficit swelled to a record $413 billion. “My biggest frustration remained the president’s unwillingness to wield his veto against out-of-control spending,” Greenspan wrote in his book. Bush, though, countered that the deficit remains low as a percentage of the gross domestic product, the broadest measure of economic health. “I would also argue that cutting taxes made a significant difference, not only with dealing with a recession and an attack on our country, but it also made a significant difference in dealing with the deficit,” Bush said. By The Associated Press WASHINGTON – President Bush on Tuesday defended his management of the economy and “respectfully” disagreed with former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, whose new book blisters the president for mishandling the nation’s spending. “I would say that the record – our fiscal record – is admirable and good,” Bush said in a broadcast interview with Fox News. “I would respectfully disagree with the characterizations of Chairman Greenspan,” the president later added in his first public response to Greenspan. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Vice-Chair of Friends of Letterkenny Hospital , Peter Cutliffe, has urged the public to get actively involved in this year’s Brian McCormick Sports/Donegal Daily “10k road race” in Letterkenny on Sunday , May 5.“We are very fortunate to be one the three main charities to benefit from this years event along with Donegal Mountain Rescue & SNAP & we would like to thank the “10k” committee for this opportunity”, said Mr. Cutliffe.“I would encourage all walkers, joggers & runners to participate in this fun-event which also raises funds for local charities,” he said. If interested in participating, please log onto www.northwest10k.com .Sponsorship cards are also available from the “Friends of Letterkenny Hospital ” office on 074-9104466 or any of the other participating charities. COMMUNITY URGED TO GET BEHIND THIS YEAR’S NORTH WEST 10K was last modified: April 4th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:COMMUNITY URGED TO GET BEHIND THIS YEAR’S NORTH WEST 10K
Sky Sports presenter apologises for remarks made during Neville’s racism discussion SORRY Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT Having initially been offered encouragement by Steve Parish, the Palace chairman, the proposal was eventually turned down by the club, who said it would be ‘hugely unfair and disruptive’ to existing fans in that part of the stadium.That led to the Fanatics staying away from some home games early in the season, and the pressure seems to have paid off, with Palace announcing a decision to introduce the section from next season. Crystal Palace’s home support is widely regarded as the best in the Premier League silverware How Everton could look in January under Ancelotti with new signings gameday cracker 2 A statement on the club website said: “Much has been said and written in recent weeks about the prospect of an enhanced and expanded ‘singing section’ in the Lower Holmesdale Stand, to further build upon the reputation that our fans inside Selhurst Park have created as one of, if not, the best atmospheres in the Premier League.“Recognising this will cause some initial disruption but weighing up all the views and opinions there appears to be overwhelming support from the supporter base for this to become a reality. REVEALED Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update tense “We are therefore committed to facilitating a larger and dedicated ‘singing section’ next season, where our most vocal fans will thrive and act as a catalyst to make the Holmesdale Stand into an even greater wall of noise and supportive force behind the team.“It’s unavoidable that this will result in some of our most valued, long-standing season ticket holders being displaced, we have worked hard to keep this to a relatively small amount and we will of course work hard to make the best alternatives available to them.” Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? The average first-team salaries at every Premier League club in 2019 Crystal Palace will introduce a singing section at their Selhurst Park home from next season, the Premier League club have announced.The Holmesdale Fanatics, a group of dedicated fans in the Lower Holmesdale Stand, had previously requested to be moved from their original spot in the lower stand to create a better atmosphere. predicted Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City 2 The Holmesdale Fanatics have stayed away from matches this season after their request to move was turned down by Palace Most read in Premier League Did Mahrez just accidentally reveal Fernandinho is leaving Man City this summer? changes England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won Guardiola-inspired tactics: Is this how Arsenal will line up under Arteta? whoops latest revealed
The people of Co Donegal were told not to give up on the gynaecology ward at Letterkenny General Hospital remaining open.The rally call was made as more than 350 protested through the streets of Letterkenny today in protest at the closure of the ward.Families pushing prams and waving placards called on Health Minister James Reilly to reverse the HSE’s decision. It now appears that the unit will shut and a specialist six unit bed take its place at the new medical wing at the hospital from Monday.Today’s protest march to Letterkenny’s Market Square was organised by local woman Linda Cullen who revealed she lost a “little angel” despite the best efforts of staff at the gynae ward.A number of TDs and county councillors turned up to show their support including Deputies Thomas Pringle, Padraig MacLochlain, Lord Mayor of Letterkenny Dessie Larkin, Mayor of Donegal Frank and McBrearty.Also present were councillors Cora Harvey, Jack Murray, Ian McGarvey, Eamon Blaney, Paul Canning and Mick Quinn. Organiser Ms Cullen revealed that an average of 300 women suffered miscarriages at Letterkenny General every year.Deputy Pringle said people should not taken it as a given that the gynae ward at the hospital was closing and that they should continue to fight.Deputy Padraig MacLochlainn said that Letterkenny was the worst-funded hospital in the country and encouraged people to bombard Deputy Joe McHugh and Senator Jimmy Harte’s office with protest calls.Mayor of Letterkenny Dessie Larkin said he was there as a father and son and told the Save The Gynae Ward group that they had the full support of Letterkenny Town Council. PROTEST CROWD TOLD NOT TO GIVE UP HOPE OF GYNAE WARD REMAINING OPEN was last modified: September 8th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GYnae WardLetterkenny General Hospitalprotest
This year, organizers say, the cars are much more sophisticated – with better radar, sensors, lasers and cameras to guide the way via onboard computer brains. Bill Kehaly, team leader of Axion Racing, said his stereo-vision cameras and military navigation system give his ’94 Cherokee the edge against high-dollar teams from Stanford and Carnegie Mellon universities. The Axion team, comprised mostly of San Diego engineers, is backed by two racy blondes from “The Man Show.” “SciAutonics’ looks like ‘Star Wars;’ ours looks like Mom’s and Dad’s Jeep,” said Kehaly, owner of a South Pacific island water company whose car comes equipped with two blue surfboards. “You flip a coupla switches, put in a PIN, a GPS manager – it drives itself. Say a little prayer and push ‘Go.”‘ The SciAutonics team, comprised of retired gearheads and volunteers from Rockwell Scientific and Amgen, joined forces with Auburn (Ala.) University. Its itty-bitty ATV quad aims to trounce such leading SUV diesels as the Hummer of CMU and the VW Toureg of Stanford. “It’s rock solid,” said Porter. “Both of those teams can go right off the trail – and Rascal may race across the finish line. We’re very optimistic.” Dana Bartholomew, (818) 713-3730 email@example.comWant local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! When Rascal the robot zigzagged around a hilly obstacle course this week in pursuit of a $2 million government prize, onlookers snickered at its rough-hewn looks. But the skepticism died as the quirky all-terrain vehicle, built by SciAutonics of Thousand Oaks, whizzed past and qualified for today’s DARPA Grand Challenge race of robots across the rugged Mojave Desert. “We’re pretty much the naked car – everything shows,” said John Porter, head of the SciAutonics volunteer team that qualified this week at California Speedway. “We’re the little car that can.” For the second year, Rascal will join some of the world’s most sophisticated robots in a driverless race launched by the Pentagon to spur a new generation of unmanned military vehicles. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREThe top 10 theme park moments of 2019 Twenty-three cars – including a Jeep Cherokee entered by Axion Racing of Westlake Village – will set off at 6:30 a.m. from Primm, Nev., on a 150-mile course through tumbleweeds and jackrabbits. The first vehicle to complete the Grand Challenge in less than 10 hours wins. The prize is $2 million, double last year’s reward. “It’s a winner-take-all,” said Tom Goodwin, spokesman for the Grand Challenge hosted by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Pentagon’s research arm. DARPA put up the prize and spent $9 million on this year’s race. “Axion was very strong. SciAutonics was very strong. All 23 teams can do it. … We don’t have any doubt.” Last year, seven teams, including both Conejo Valley entries, qualified for the race, but each fizzled soon after the starting gate.
Donegal death notices for today, Friday, August 18. Frank BARRONThe death has occurred of Frank Barron, Muff, Donegal. Retired Milkman. Reposing at his daughter’s home Lenamore, Muff from 3pm today, Friday, 18th August. Removal on Sunday, 20th August, at 12.15 pm for 1pm Funeral Mass in Sacred Heart Church, Muff with burial afterwards in the adjoining cemetery. House private after Rosary at 10pm until 10am. Family flowers only please. Donations in lieu of flowers, if desired, to Nazareth House, Fahan. May PATTONThe death has occurred of May Patton, Lacrum, Tonragee, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal. Peacefully, at her residence. Reposing at her late residence on Friday from 12 noon to 8 o’clock and on Saturday from 12 noon to 8 o’clock. Funeral arriving to St. Patrick’s Church, Ballyshannon, on Sunday for Mass of the Resurrection at 11 o’clock with interment in the Abbey Assaroe Cemetery.Family flowers only. Donations in lieu, if so desired, to the North West Hospice, The Mall, Sligo c/o Patrick McKenna Funeral Directors, Ballyshannon or any family member. House private to family on the morning of the funeral, please. A one-way system will be in operation during the wake, entrance by Tonragee and Exit by Creevy. Donegal Death Notices – Rest in Peace was last modified: August 18th, 2017 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:obituaries
Red Bluff >> Fresh off its first win of the year, the Corning High football team looks to make it two in a row at Orland Friday night. Game time is set for around 7:30 p.m. for the teams separated by about 15 miles. Orland comes in 0-2 for the first time since 2007. The Trojans lost to Bear River, 49-7, in Grass Valley two weeks ago and at Anderson 36-20 last Friday night. Corning, meanwhile, got back to its game with a solid rush attack this past week in a 28-7 win over Las Plumas. The …
A few of Humboldt’s speediest youth cross runners qualified for the annual USA Track and Field National Junior Olympics Cross Country Championships after delivering impressive times at the championship’s qualifying meets in Reno, NV., and Folsom, over the previous couple weeks.Eoin McGoldrick and Luke Moxon competed in the their qualifying races back on Nov. 18 in Reno and Ai-Lan McGoldrick ran her qualifying race in Folsom back on Nov. 25. The three will look to bring a few trophies back to …